· 02/23/05 - Bayles I am looking for my husband's grandfather's parents.
John William Bayles born 1851 very possible Bourbon co., Ky. He is listed on the 1860 Bourbon co., KY census, age 9, born in KY, and he is listed on the 1870 Bourbon co., KY census age 19. Both times he is living with a aunt; Kitty Hildreth Fretwell (1822-1870?) and her husband William Cogar (1819-1919?). I found that Kitty Hildreth had a sister named Mary-Eveline Hildreth (1828-1900?) who married a John Bayles (1814-1857) in 1844, Bourbon co., KY. I found two daughters listed for them; Mary Ellen (1845-1945?) and Caroline (1848-1948?)but no son at all..... Can anyone solve this mystery as to who my John William Bayles (1851-1917) parents were?
· 01/01/2005 - Iím searching for more information on my 2nd great grandfather, George Washington Ruddell, born 1790 in Shenandoah, Virginia. He came to Kentucky before 1800 and married Margaret Funston 24 July 1814. Because of counties changing boundaries, they may have lived in Bourbon, Nicholas and Harrison counties and never moved. They had 13 children (Sally Ann, Polly Ann, William Funston, Athena, Rosannah, Elisabeth, George Washington Jr., John Gilbert, Ambrose George, Thomas Ramsey, Hannah Margaret, Ambrose Thomas and Jannes Adeline). I believe that Georgeís grandfather was a brother to Isaac Ruddell (of Ruddellsfort fame), but I canít make more of the connection. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
· 11/14/04 - I am looking for any information on Warren Lovely. I know that he was married to Jenea Vest and a 2nd marriage to a lady named May. I know that he was born in 1902 and that he died in Oct. 1968. Any help will be greatly appreciated in this matter.
· 11/04/04 - I am looking for information on the Phillip Heller family who lived in Paris, Kentucky, from about 1905 until about 1950. Phillip's wife's name was Otilda and their children's names were Estella M., Martin J., Phillip B., Caroline (Carrie) O., Frieda M., Elsie B., Alease F., and Fannie G. I think Phillip owned a butcher shop in Paris. He died in 1927. Any information at all will be greatly appreciated.
· 9/07/04 - John B. WALDRIDGE was my g grandfather. He was born ca.1838 (don't know where) and served for a short time in the Union Armyduring the Civil War. He married Mary Irene Stoker in the mid 1860s. They lived in Millersburg and Paris, Ky. There is a mystery about the marriage, divorce?, my grandmother would only say that he had an affair with his wife's sister and a child was born to them. I can find no records of him after about 1874. I can send a few dates of his army service but that is about all I have. Any information or suggestions will be most welcome.
· 8/28/04 - I am looking for the William Fisher who married Susan Neal first. They had a son, William Tavner Fisher. Apparently Susan died in childbirth as William married 2nd Sarah Milton Hildreth. William and Sarah moved to Jessamine Co., Ky. I am descended from William and Sarah. I am interested in finding William's parents. Could they have been William and Drus(c)illa Fisher? Any help is grately appreciated.
· 8/23/04 - Surname: MITCHELL Seeking information on Tilghman Mitchell, my great-grandfather. Old photograph of him indicates he was born in Bourbon County, Kentucky, in 1827. He had two sons: Joseph P. Mitchell and Thomas Jett Mitchell. These Mitchells later settled in Ewing, Missouri. Both sons eventually moved to Arkansas. The back of the photo also has a note that Tilghman died in 1900 in Paragould, Arkansas.
· 8/9/04 - Mary Elizabeth Yates (Yeats) was born in Bourbon County about 1822. She married Allen Metcalf Hunley on 24 December 1839 in Bourbon County KY. The marriage record did not give either parties parents. I'm hoping perhaps the church record would have more information. They were married by Edward Darnaby Jr, Minister of the Gospel. Does anyone know with what church he was affiliated?
· 7/29/04 - I'm looking for information on John McLain & Rachel Jones, who lived in Bourbon Co., at the time they had their first son, George McLain in 1787. They had their second son, Thomas, in 1788 in Montgomery Co.
John & Rachel were born abt 1765...possibly in one of the Carolinas. Any reference to John's life in Bourbon Co would be greatly appreciated.
· 7/28/04 - I am looking for info on Henry F. Chism who married Mary Crutcher around 1895. In 1920's census living in Paris, Kentucky. Both families are said to be from Paris area. Any and all info gladly appreciated. Mary Lou
· 7/10/04 - I am looking for documentation on Alexander Barnett (b. 1754, Culpeper Co., Virginia) as to who his parents are and his service record during the American Revolutionary War. Thanks, Allan Barnett
· 7/3/04 - Surnames: Francis (Frances); Rogers/Rodgers; Ruggles
Known: William Francis and one or more brothers moved to the area from PA. William may have been born about 1757. He married Sarah Rogers/Rodgers probably in Bourbon County. At least one son, Caleb, was born in Paris on 4 January 1808. Caleb marrried Martha Ruggles 8 October 1834. Caleb and Martha had 8 children, the first 4 are known to have been born in Paris, the other 4 probably were. The known Paris-born children are: William (1835), Sarah T. (1837), Johnathon [sic] (1840), and Enoch Moses (1842); the children probably born in Paris are James R. (1845), Louvinia T. (1848), Emily (1849), and Ann Elisa (1854). Sometime after the birth of their last child Martha died and Caleb took his family to Ohio.
Unknown: Anything about William Francis or Sarah Rogers or their family together. I would very much appreciate any help anyone could offer. I have no dates or places other than those given above. Thank you,
· 6/12/04 - Looking for Mary Lackland Wright, mother of John Harvey, George, Wm. Lackland, Martha and Mary. Husband died between 1820-1830. All left KY for Illinois after fathers death. Vicki Tschannen
· 6/12/04 - Looking for any information on children of John Stone (B. 1765 in Calvert County, Maryland. D. 2 April 1821 in Bourbon County, Kentucky.) John's widow, Judith Parrott Stone, remarried to Manson Seamonds on 14 December 1822.
Childrens names were:
John Stone (Maybe John Morgan Stone?)
William Parrott Stone
James Madison Stone
Judith Yearby Stone
Other names are: Elijah Kinzea Stone, Elizabeth (Betsey) Parrott Stone, Thomas Stone, and Anna Stone
Did they migrate to Missouri? When? Do they have connections with Logan County, West Virginia? I know that Manson and Judith Parrott Stone Seamonds remained in Bourbon County.
6/10/03 - Looking for information on Conway's. I have a family of Conway's who arrived sometime between 1845 and 1852 in Millersburg, Kentucky. Mary is the mother (b. Apr 1835 in Ireland), her husband is not in the 1860 Census - maybe he died on the trip or ? Her children are: Ellen (b. 1843 Ireland), Morris (b. 1845 Ireland), Hanna (b. 24 December 1852 Millersburg), and Jeremiah (b. 1856 KY). I believe Morris Conway was killed in the Civil War. Hanna and Jeremiah are Christian names - maybe the mother joined a church after arriving here? Rosemary
· 6/7/04 - I am searching for more information on William Bellis who married Margaret Clarke on the 28th of December 1812. Their son was John Bellis/Bellows who was born (according to his tombstone) on 1-1-1813. Margaret, who died in 1816, was daughter of Robert Clarke and Elizabeth Agnes Gay. According to his will, William married Jinny and they had Charles B. and Margaret Bellis. I have been told that Jinny was Hamilton before she married William. Also, according to William's will John was left to be raised solely by William Markham.
+William Bellis was in the 1820 census of North Middletown with 2 males free, white and under 10; one female, free, white and under ten; one male- free, white and between 26 and 45 years of age; as well as one female- free, white and between 16 and 26. I think this is our William and his family with his second wife. I am very interested in knowing William's origins and whatever happened to Jinny, Charles, and Margaret Bellis. John Bellis/Bellows sold his inheritance from his mother to his uncle, Robert Clarke when he reached majority and went with a group moving to Callaway County, Mo. There, he married Margaret Brown on May 25, 1837. I have much more about John and his family.
· 6/7/04 - Seeking information about Morgan and Margaret Lay Ivy. They had two sons, Theodore and David. The other names I am searching are Kiscaden, Tevis, Wagoner, Frederick, VanHook and Fryman. Thank you, Mary
· 6/7/04 - Seeking information on Dimmitt or Demit family of Bourbon County. Hannah Dimmit married Thomas Matheny in 1837. Her father was Joshua Dimmit and her mother was Sarah Talbot. Carolyn Grover
· 6/7/04 - Seeking information on the Umphrey or Humphrey of Bourbon County. Rebecca married Moses Matheny in 1805 and I would like to find her siblings. Her mother remarried Benjamin Williams. Her mother was Araminta last name unknown and her father was John Umphrey or Humphrey. Carolyn Grover
· 6/4/04 - I am looking for any information on the family of James N. Dowty who lived in Bourbon county Kentucky in the late 1700's. My research from Cape Girardeau, Missouri stated that this ancestor of mine was originally one of the German settlers who moved to Missouri from Kentucky. If this sounds familiar to anyone I would enjoy hearing from them. My e-mail
· I'm searching for the origins of John Cook, d. 1799 Bourbon Co. I would like to find where he was born in Virginia and who his parents were. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Robert W. Witt
· 5/18/04 - I am looking for the parents and siblings of Job (sp?) Riggs, born in KY. Job may possibly have been a nickname. I understand he was working in Maysville at the time he married Rachel Plummer who was born 10 APR 1803 in Lewis-Mason Co. KY. They went across the river to Ohio for what was called a Gretna Green marriage. They had two children that I am aware of: John (born 1834 in Maysville) and Elizabeth. In about 1840, the family moved to Auglaiza County, OH. Contact
· 5/18/04 - I am looking for information on the family of Jarrot(sic) Burton who married Janey Porter in Bourbon County on August 24, 1792. I have found this name listed for his marriage, and on a tobacco petition in that county, but cannot find who his parents were, or where he came from. Also
there was a mention that he served the Militia in Bourbon Co. He and his new wife took up housekeeping then in Shelby Co, where they lived the remainder of their lives. Bruce D. Burton
· 5/14/04 - I am descended from Nathan Goodman and Mildred Clarkson, and am seeking to find all his descendants. I have a lot of Goodman family information that I am willing to share. Please contact me at: Roger Goodman
· 5/12/04 - Seeking information on the parents of Rachel Carter, who married Garrett Reed in 1866 Bourbon Co. and on my great grandmother Mary Frances Graham Reed, born @1872. Also, interested in finding anyone that is connected to these lines. Betty Alexander
This site generously hosted by Rootsweb.
Copyright Notice: This is a free website and shall remain free. All files, original documents, photo's etc. remain the property of the submitter and will not be sold. Nor can they be reproduced in any format or on any other website without written consent from their owner.